2. Fold each sheet in half again and crease the fold with the bone folder.
3. Nest pairs of folded sheets inside each other to form a book. Open to the center pages and with a pencil mark ½” in from the top and the bottom of each set of pages, and again at 2.75” in the center.
4. Take the cover cardstock and cut it to make a piece, each 12” wide x 5.5” high.
5. Put the folded sheets of paper on the card, and fold the left edge over so it covers the papers.
6. Use the bone folder to crease the fold neatly. Then fold the right hand edge in so it wraps over the left front.
7. Center the pack of pages inside the main cover and use the paper clips to hold all the pages together securely.
8. Take the awl and gently punch through each of your pencil marks through all layers.
9. Thread your needle with the thick thread and go down through the center hole, along to one end and come back up again.
10. Now go all the way across the inside crease and then down the farthest hole. Hang on to the end of the thread so it doesn’t escape!
11. Come back up through the center hole, and try to come up the opposite side of the cross thread from the thread from your first stitch. (You can always rearrange it by hand if this is proving difficult.)
12. Remove the needle and tie a double knot with the two threads in the center of the page. Pull the thread tight, but not so tight it is pulling at the holes, before finishing the knot. Cut the thread ends off leaving just ½” ends.
13. Take the Velcro sticker and put it together. Center it under the front edge of the right hand flap, and push it down onto the left hand cover.
14. Use a punch or a pair of scissors and pretty paper, and cut out a few shapes and stick them on as you wish.
15. Use the bone folder to make the creases neat.
16. Your book is finished!
4 pieces 8 ½” x 11” paper, plain, grid or patterned
1 piece 12” x 12” cardstock – patterned
small amount of pretty paper for decorations
paper punch if you have one
sharp large eyed needle
Adhesive Velcro dots