2. Look at the baking instructions on the packet at set the oven to that temperature to warm up. (275°F for Sculpey.)
3. When the clay is softer, roll it out to about 6mm - slightly less than 1/4" - thick. Use a bottle if you don't have a rolling pin.
4. When the clay is rolled out to about a 6" circle, you can place a doily on the surface and roll over it to get a texture.
5. When you are done with flat treatments, lay the clay into the bowl you are using as a mold as centrally as possible.
6. Add any designs you want to the body of the dish, such as the stars I added. I then used my fingers to make the little semi-circles around the edge.
7. When you are done, gently lift your dish out of the bowl.
8. Set it on a baking tray (or piece of foil) and bake for 15 minutes - or according to the package directions.
9. Let it cool completely. You can now add paint or glitter if you like!
I package of clay such as Sculpey or Fimo in a color you like
Small bowl to use as a shaper
small cutters to create shapes on the surface
doily to add texture
glitter and glue