2. Fold up a corner to make a triangle, and cut along the shorter edges to create squares.
3. Take 8 layers (you should have 16) and accordion fold them about 8 times.
4. Fasten tightly in the center, either with floral wire or by stapling.
5. Use the shredding scissors or regular scissors, and make a series of cuts to about 1" depth through the folded layers.
6. (Open the layers up slightly if it is too thick to cut in one!)
7. Starting on one side, gently pull up the first layer, then the next until all 8 layers are sticking up.
8. (Don't worry if little bits of paper come off, flowers are seldom completely symmetrical!)
9. Work on the second half the same way you pulled up the layers for the first half.
10. "Fluff" the petals slightly to make the flower look pretty, and you are done.
2 sheets of tissue paper (makes 2 flowers) – the same color or two colors, it is your choice
floral wire – or stapler
Shredder scissors – or regular sharp scissors
If you enjoyed making this project, please consider making a donation towards more supplies for future projects!