2. Fold each sheet in half again and crease the fold with the bone folder.
3. Nest pairs of folded sheets inside each other to form a book. Mark ½” in from the top and the bottom of each set of pages.
4. Use the hole punch to create a hole at each mark.
5. When all sets are punched, nest the pages to make a book, and check that the holes align
6. Use the paper clips at the top and bottom to hold the pages in this position.
7. Take the cover cardstock and cut it in half to make two pieces, each 8.5”x 5.5”. Fold one piece in half, and use the bone folder to crease the fold neatly.
8. Put the pack of pages inside the cover and align the holes.
9. Measure 5.25” along the bamboo skewer, and cut with the kitchen scissors.
10. Push one end of the elastic band through one hole from the back of the book. Slip one end of the skewer through the elastic band to stop it sliding back.
11. the other end of the elastic band up through the other hole, and while holding it tightly, push the other end of the skewer through it to hold the elastic band securely.
12. Take your ruler and the thin end of the bone folder and mark a line from the top to the bottom of the cover just outside the skewer. Carefully fold the cover back on this line so you can easily open and close the book.
4 pieces 8 ½” x 11” paper, plain, grid or patterned
1 piece 8 ½” x 11” cardstock – patterned
1 3” elastic band
1 bamboo skewer