2. Transfer the little marks on the skirt (semi circle) to the inside for the fold lines.
3. Cut out one skirt and one top.
4. Fold two pleats from the left and two from the right, making them concertina in or out to make t patter you like.
5. Glue the sides and top of the skirt to the card.
6. Stick the bodice section over the top.
7. Cut the little shapes from the scrap paper and glue them at the waist - or neckline or hem - it is your design!
8. Using the marker, write your message to your mother. (Plus lace edging if you wish!)
Pattern: Click on the link below to save the pattern to your computer. The semi-circle pieces are the skirts. Before cutting them out, transfer the little marks around the edges to the inside of the shape so you know where to fold the pleats when you have cut the shape out. The triangular pieces are the tops. You only need to cut out one piece of each shape for a card, but have provided three of each so you have spares!