2. Cut 2 x 3” squares from scrapbook paper
3. Paste card into the center of each piece, then fold around card, mitering the corners, and stick down edges neatly.
4. Mark the center of one side on each piece. Stick one end of one piece of ribbon to each piece, beginning about 1” in and leaving the other end free.
5. Print your text in a large font, cutting the paper and sticking it together so the words make one row - if needed.
6. Fold the strip in half, then fold each end into the middle. To create the accordion, fold the strip by zig-zagging the folds backwards and forwards.
7. Open the folded paper and lie across the two covered pieces of card. (The ribbon should be sticking out to the far sides of each piece. )
8. Stick the back of first section of the folded quotation to the inside of the front cover, then carefully refold the accordion.
9. Add a thin layer of glue to the back of the last section of the quotation. Carefully place the back cover onto the top of the book, and make sure the edge line up with the front edges of the book, and push down to stick.
10. Let the book covers dry with the accordion open so nothing sticks in the wrong place.
11. When dry, tie the ribbons around the book to fasten it closed.
One 2” x 4” piece of card (can be from a cereal box)
Two 3” square pieces of scrapbook paper
18” x 1/8 “ or ¼” ribbon to coordinate with pretty paper