2. Cut your inside paper in half in the same way and stack neatly.
3. Take a ruler and measure ½” in from the top corner and down 1 ½” down. Mark this point.
4. Then mark again ½” in from the edge and 1 ½ “ inches up from the bottom edge.
5. Use the punch to cut through at these points. Then take a few pages at a time, mark the hole with a pencil and punch the holes to match. Depending on how sharp the punch is and how thick the paper is, this may take several rounds of hole punching.
6. When all the holes have been punched, line the pages up with the covers on the outsides. Use the paper clips to hold all the pages together in a neat parcel.
7. Cut the ribbon or thread in half, then thread one piece of the ribbon into the needle. Go down the top hole, leaving a 4” tail. From the back come around to the top of the pages at the front and then go back down the same hole again, taking care not to pierce the ribbon. Tie the two ends of the ribbon at the back edge.
8. Thread your needle with the second piece of ribbon and repeat the process for the lower hole. You will end up with two bows at the spine.
9. Take your ruler and bone folder and create a crease 1” in from the spine so your book can open easily.
12 pieces 8 ½” x 11” paper, plain, grid or patterned
1 piece 8 ½” x 11” cardstock – patterned
1 yd of 1/2” wide ribbon or any kind of thread to match cover
large eyed needle
awl or paper punch