2. Fold the paper for your pages in half long ways to measure 8 ½” x 5 ½”. Nest them inside each other
3. Mark holes on the inside fold 1½” from the top, 3″ from the top, 5 ½” from the top, and 7” from the top. Use the awl to punch through each of these holes.
4. Take one of the sheets of paper and center it along the fold and the top and bottom edge of the folder, and then punch through the holes.
5. Thread the needle with a 24″ length thread or linen twine and sew in the first signature. Place the signature inside the folder and, starting from the inside of the signature, sew through the second hole from the top to the outside of the folder.
6. Then sew through the top outside hole of the folder back through to the inside top hole of the signature.
7. Go across to the bottom hole to the outside of the bottom hole of the folder.
8. Come back up through the third hole from the top of the outside of the folder back to the inside corresponding hole of the signature.
9. Tie off the thread with a double know and trim the ends.
10. With the journal open and the inside facing up, fold in the left front edge of the folder in 3” and neaten the crease with the bone folder.
11. Place a piece of double sided tape along the top and bottom edges to create a flap pocket.
12. Fold the extra piece of folder that extends from the back over your pages, and neaten the crease with the bone folder.
13. To secure your cover, use the Velcro fastener. Put the two pieces together with the sticky sides outwards. Place one sticky side down onto the folder, then gently close the folder and then press down from the outside to secure the fastener.
Decorative letter sized file folder (Available from Staples or Amazon)
8 or more pieces 8 ½” x 11” paper, plain, grid or patterned
sharp large eyed needle
double sided tape
2 x 5/8” Velcro “dots” or piece of tape with glued backs